Frequently Asked Questions about Piano Rebuilding
Why hire Boyd's Pianos to rebuild my piano?
Our expert trained craftsmen have rebuild pianos as a labor of love. From the rich glow of hand-polished wood to the subtleties of tone, which can only be realized in a well-regulated action, each piano is painstakingly and expertly restored to its original glory.
Our compeltely rebuilt Steinway grands have:
- German pin blocks from Delignit.
- New action parts from Renner
- Hammers from Steinway
- Piano keys are original ivory or highest quality ivorine; and rebushed for a sure solid feel when played.
- Original soundboards shimmed to like-new condition or new soundboards replaced by Steinway craftsmen
- Piano strings and tuning pins are from Steinway's suppliers
- All new felts throughout including the finest quality Laroux felt dampers
- Finest hand-rubbed lacquer finishes